Ifop Group commitments regarding protection of personal data when browsing our website
Effective as of 31.03.2021
- Personal data we collect and purposes of their processing
- to respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined
- to access and/or download documents from our websites
- to contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our products and services from time to time
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you
- to share our latest job offers
- to share with agents, contractors or partners of Ifop in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, our firm. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using Personal Data in any way other than to provide services for Ifop. We may, for example, provide Personal Data to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or to send you information that you requested, but those parties cannot use your Personal Data for their own purposes unrelated to the work they are doing for us
- to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- to consider your application for a position at Ifop
- to investigate suspected fraudulent activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights
- Accuracy of personal data
We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data in our possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you would like to correct, modify or delete your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer under the section « Your rights » below.
- Legal basis for processing
Evidence of this consent will be kept by Ifop for the period necessary for processing, generally the duration of the study and associated quality control activities.
Ifop undertakes to inform the person responding to the study of the origin of their data if this data comes from a contractor or customer rather than being directly generated by Ifop. The new European Regulation authorizes Ifop to reuse customer data for research purposes, as market research studies are categorized as scientific research.
- Duration of data retention
Ifop guarantees that personal data is not kept any longer than is required for the purpose for which it was collected or processed, with the application of a clear system regarding storage periods. You can fin more information about the duration of storage of your personal data in our cookies policy bellow.
- International transfers of personal data
Personal data submitted through this website resides on our servers located in our data center in Paris, France.
These agreements require the contracting parties to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to handle European personal data in accordance with applicable European data protection laws.By using this website, you consent to the transfer, storage, use and disclosure of your personal data among our affiliated companies and non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. Ifop’s service providers are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- Your rights :
Under the applicable law, you have the following rights:
- Access to personal data: We will make available to you the personal data about you in our custody or control that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent required and/or permitted by law.
- Rectification of your personal data: If you think that your personal data is inaccurate, you can ask for their rectification.
- Erasure of your personal data: If you believe that Ifop no longer requires to process your personal data, you can ask for their erasure from our databases.
- Restriction of the processing of your personal data: If you believe that the processing of your personal data is either inaccurate or unlawful, you can ask or the restriction of this processing. Ifop will then only store this data and no longer process them in any other way without your consent.
- Opposition to the processing of your personal data: If you previously consented to the processing of your personal data by Ifop, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time this processing of your data.
- Portability of your personal data: You can ask to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Deciding of the processing of your personal data after your death: At any times, you or a person you designated can inform Ifop of your decision about the processing of your personal data after your death, whether this is the erasure, the conservation or the communication of these data.
To exercise any of these rights related to the personal information that we may hold about you, we require that you submit your request in writing to email@example.com. When we receive an access request from an individual, we will attempt to fulfill the requested information within 30 days.
- 7.2. What are the cookies used by Ifop and why?
Cookie Type Purpose Necessary Cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to use the features of our websites. They allow a secured connection and a faster loading of our websites.
Storage duration: Up to 10 years.
Statistical Cookies These cookies collect information about how visitors browse our websites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our services perform.
Storage duration: 1 year.
Preferences Cookies These cookies are used to recognize you and remember your choices when you return to our site. This allows us to customize our content based on your preferences and choices.
Storage duration: 1 day.
Marketing Cookies These cookies allow us to optimize our website to your preferences and to make advertising more relevant to you, and allow some functions related to social networks to function (e.g. the Twitter buttons to share content).
Storage duration: Up to 2 years.
- Necessary Cookies: Cookies that are necessary for our websites to function.
- Statistical Cookies: Cookies that allow us, through anonymous statistics, to improve our websites.
- Preferences Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize you and remember your choices when you visit our site again.
- Marketing Cookies: Cookies that allow us to optimize our website to your preferences and to make advertising more relevant to you.
- Changes to this policy